With powerful capabilities—capture, electronic forms, e-signatures, workflow, records management and security—Laserfiche Enterprise Content Management allows organizations to securely manage and share documents, videos, photos and other content using state-of-the-art enterprise document management and cutting-edge business process management tools.
Document ManagementGet employees, customers, contractors and third parties using enterprise document management software, quickly and easily, with repositories that provide filtered, personalized views of files.
- User-Friendly Interface: Update documents, add document annotations, redact confidential information and change document metadata from a single interface
- Rich Search: Instantly retrieve documents with quick and advanced search options tailored to individual users’ security rights
- Robust Metadata: Add, view and modify document metadata to index, search and retrieve documents
Promote continuous productivity with built-in business process management tools offering rules-based routing, email notifications and activity monitoring.
- Workflow Automation: Save hours of staff time with rule-based workflows for simple tasks like renaming documents and emailing document changes
- Business Process Management: Optimize resource-intensive, multi-department processes including vendor and contract management, invoice processing, electronic records management, travel and expense management and records management
- Reporting: Boost staff productivity and simplify process management with reports on every business process step
FormsReplace paper forms with easy-to-design Laserfiche Forms that collect and route information digitally from the start.
- Intuitive Publishing: Create and publish e-forms with an intuitive forms designer that requires no coding
- Automated Routing and Review: Streamline approval by connecting forms to workflows that can be built quickly in a drag-and-drop business process modeling pane
- Task Management: Show authorized staff all pending forms and actions required, increasing visibility and promoting timely responses
CaptureSimplify document capture with multi-channel capture applications that capture paper and electronic files from multiple devices.
- Scanning: Convert paper records to imaged files on demand using Laserfiche’s built-in scanning interface
- Digital Capture: Reduce back-office work by saving to default folders with one click, auto-importing documents and automatically populating metadata
- Electronic Document Capture: Connect your repository to productivity applications with built-in capture tools for Microsoft Office products
- Mobile Capture: Turn photos taken on phones and tablets into searchable, secure documents
- High-Volume Capture and Processing: Automate document identification, indexing, classification and filing in even the most paper-intensive environments
IntegrationsSave time and resources by combining the information and functionality from business applications with Laserfiche.
- Laserfiche Connector: Integrate Laserfiche with third-party applications like ERP, CRM and GIS with one click using Laserfiche Connector, a code-free integration tool
- Laserfiche SDK: Create sophisticated solutions that integrate with your business’ proprietary applications with the Laserfiche Software Developer’s Kit (SDK), a highly flexible and open programming interface
- Laserfiche Marketplace: Browse hundreds of pre-built integrations to connect Laserfiche with core applications, including Salesforce, Laser App, DocuSign, SIGNiX and more
Security Records ManagementBring control and transparency to operations with built-in security and compliance tools.
- Automatic Auditing: Automatically generate reports of user actions, document access and modifications
- Granular System Security: Control user actions and document access down to the metadata level
- Department of Defense (DoD) 5015.2-Certified Records Management: Enforce records management policies across all devices, including mobile phones, tablets, laptops and desktops
- VERS-Certified Electronic Records: Ensure long-term data preservation with a standard format that meets Victorian Electronic Record Strategy (VERS) requirements
Laserfiche Enterprise Content Management
With capabilities ranging from electronic records management to document routing, electronic forms and digital signatures, Laserfiche Enterprise Content Management is a powerful solution that enables the entire enterprise.
- Speed acceptance and user adoption with an easy-to-use interface and intuitive system design
- Support multiple repositories including development, testing, staging and production
- Reduce deployment time and minimize IT support with online training programs and extensive support resources
Laserfiche Cloud is a Software as a Service (SaaS) enterprise document management software that provides a central digital repository accessible from anywhere.
- Get up and running quickly
- Reduce startup, infrastructure and IT administration costs
- Manage and control files seamlessly across your organization, regardless of where and how they are accessed
Find documents easily within organized folder structures.
Easily duplicate existing filing structures.
Make scanned and electronic files full-text searchable with optical character recognition (OCR).
Automatically file documents upon import.
Navigate and preview content with thumbnails of document pages.
Save changes with document check in/out.
- Hide sensitive material from unauthorized users with redaction tools.
- Add instructions or comments with document sticky notes, call out boxes and text boxes.
- Apply public or personal stamps, such as “Date,” “Approved,” “Confidential” and other indicators.
- See a complete list of a document’s annotation history, including type, date and included text.
- Find specific words or phrases within document text, metadata, annotations and entry names.
- Use preset search options to search by document creation date, the names of users who checked out documents and other metadata.
- Enable fast user adoption with customized document viewing and search settings.
- Instantly generate searchable text on scanned documents using optical character recognition (OCR) and full-text indexing.
- Find content that includes related words or phrases in search results.
- Perform routine searches in one click with custom quick searches that save search preferences.
- Find documents associated with specific business processes.
Automate Business Processes with Laserfiche
Create new folders and update document fields when content is created.
Kick off routing and approval workflows when web forms are submitted.
Schedule high-volume batch processing of routine incoming documents.
Accelerate Forms-Based Business Processes
- Review and approve submitted forms from a tablet or smartphone, web browser, or email.
- Show authorized staff all pending forms and actions required, increasing visibility and prompting timely response.
- Enable employees to create BPMN-compliant process models using drag-and-drop interaction.
- Modify existing processes and add users without the need to install additional business process automation software.
Beyond the Office
- Upload and sign documents, submit web forms and capture content into Laserfiche from iOS, Android and Windows devices.
- Initiate review, electronically sign documents and make decisions from a central inbox.
- Initiate paperless expense reports, approve invoices and conduct other routine activities from mobile devices.
Digitally Capture, Route and Approve Forms
Design and modify electronic forms quickly
without any programming.
Ensure accurate and secure data collection.
Accelerate and optimize business processes.
- Automatically pull data from primary applications to prepopulate forms, reducing the need to rekey or manually validate information.
- Designate required fields so forms won’t be submitted with incomplete fields or incorrect data types.
- Help ensure the security of confidential information by requiring user credentials from authorized staff to access submitted data.
- Maintain records of submitted information by automatically saving completed electronic forms in the Laserfiche repository.
Automate Submissions, Routing and Review
- Enable authorized employees to create BPMN-compliant process models using drag-and-drop interaction.
- Kick off routing and approval workflows when web forms are submitted.
- Ensure tasks are completed on time with automatic notifications.
- Modify existing processes and add users without the need to install additional business process automation software.
- Enhance teamwork and collaboration with social business process management features including threaded discussions, Q&As and checklists.
- Download prebuilt process diagrams, forms, workflows, templates and fields for a variety of common business processes.
- Minimize initial development effort for common processes such as travel request, expense reimbursement and building maintenance request.
- Filter processes by industry or department.
- Easily modify process diagrams and forms to fit an organization’s specific requirements.
Clean up image quality and apply enhancements to scanned documents.
Automatically separate and sort scanned documents into the right folders.
Make all incoming documents full-text searchable for future search and retrieval.
Schedule automatic import with digital document imaging.
- Turn photos taken with phones and tablets into digital documents.
- Make all content captured on mobile devices full-text searchable.
- Initiate and participate in automated business processes from anywhere.
- Capture fragile, archival or odd-size text documents and transform them into digital, searchable files without purchasing a specialized scanner.
Capture Electronic Documents
Our document imaging system connects directly with standard office tools.
Save documents directly from Microsoft Office applications.
Convert working documents into archival formats for permanent storage.
Drag-and-drop electronic files into document repositories for easy storage.
Import documents from e-mail, including attachments, with one click.
Accelerate High-Volume Capture
Reclaim time spent importing, processing and indexing paperwork.
Reduce manual scanning and indexing by capturing precise pieces of information from paper and electronic documents.
Capture information from databases to simplify metadata import.
Automatically sort and categorize incoming documents, fill out fields and create folder paths based on image data, barcodes, page size and more.
Initiate document routing workflows based on document processing.
Gain Insight from your Content by Integrating
Business Applications with Laserfiche
Integrate your content with ERP, CRM, SIS and GIS applications with one click using Laserfiche Connector.
Browse hundreds of pre-built integrations to connect Laserfiche with core business applications.
Use flexible SDKs to create sophisticated solutions that integrate with proprietary applications.
Set Up Integrations in Minutes
- Use Laserfiche Connector, a wizard-driven tool, to integrate line-of-business applications with Laserfiche without programming.
- Access and search documents, launch scanning, populate document metadata and perform other routine tasks directly within third-party systems.
- Integrate easily through user-defined hotkeys and embedded icons.
- Create searching and scanning profiles that end users can individually customize.
- Retrieve information from any integrated application or send it into Laserfiche with a single click.
Connect Seamlessly to Microsoft Office Applications
- Save Word documents, e-mails and PowerPoint slides into Laserfiche directly from Microsoft Office applications.
- E-mail documents directly from the repository.
- Import e-mails and attachments into Laserfiche with a single click.
- Open Office documents in Laserfiche directly in their native applications, and add or change Laserfiche metadata without leaving that program.
Create Sophisticated Custom Solutions
- Create custom applications and integrations with the Laserfiche Software Developer’s Kit (SDK), a highly flexible and open programming interface.
- Build a tightly integrated information infrastructure with pre-built merge modules for rapid integration, COM, .NET, and Java libraries in 32-bit and 64-bit, and a batch importing engine.
- Automate Laserfiche-related tasks such as indexing and retrieving documents, populating template fields and automatically generating emails.
- Leverage an extensive library of C# and VB.NET sample code to help tailor functionality to your specific business needs.
Access Hundreds of Pre-Built Integrations from the
Browse hundreds of pre-built integrations to connect Laserfiche with core applications.
Purchase pre-built integrations for popular products including DocuSign and Salesforce.
Quickly connect Laserfiche with popular multi-function devices from Ricoh and more.
Manage Access Rights to Enable
Secure Document Management
Configure repository design and access controls to manage access to sensitive content.
- Restrict access to folders, documents, fields, annotations and other granular document properties.
- Inherit active directory groups for easy security maintenance.
- Control exactly who can view content with individual document security tags.
- Use security filters to vary access rights within folders without needing to configure security settings for each individual document.
- Configure who can create document templates, create links between documents and apply stamps and other notations.
Protect Information from Unauthorized Access or Disclosure
Ensure records integrity with precise document control.
Protect sensitive metadata by controlling information access down to individual folders, templates and fields.
Automatically apply watermarks to control printed and exported copies of documents.
Encrypt data up up to AES-256 and use SSL/TLS encryption between applications.
Send alerts when specified documents are printed or exported.
Prevent users from accessing system information stored on Oracle and SQL servers with database security settings.
Securely publish to the web with built-in IIS access security and firewall configurations.
Redact Confidential Information
Choose between whiteout and blackout redactions to secure confidential information.
Black out text upon document import and export.
Ensure that redacted text remains secure in search results.
Ensure redaction persists upon printing and export.
Enforce Compliance from the Moment Records are Created
Maintain accurate records with DoD 5015.2-certified, secure records management
- Auto-classify, apply disposition schedules and other regulatory retention rules using metadata and other information on incoming records.
- Automatically create record folders and move documents into the appropriate locations.
- Set up notifications for document destruction.
- Enforce records management policies across all devices.
- Generate reports to identify and locate records that are ready for disposition.
Verify Document Integrity and Authentic Archiving
Ensure long-term data preservation with a standard format that meets the
Victorian Electronic Record Strategy (VERS) requirements.
Automatically apply digital signatures to authenticate document approval.
Automatically detect if changes are made to files outside of the Laserfiche environment.
Notify users if documents contain data loss or corruption using volume checksums.
Audit User Actions Across all Devices
Track system use to form a complete record of organization-wide activity.
- Monitor system login/out, document creation/destruction, password changes and more.
- Log user actions taken on smartphones and tablets.
- Generate web-based audit reports that outline the time, user and changes associated with all system modifications.
- Track all changes made to security settings at the user, document and system level.